Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Seventeen years later... not much has changed

Sunday afternoon took us to the home of Marine and Laurent and their four beautiful daughters, where we had a delicious gouter and spent some time catching up on the last 17 years.

Marine is the youngest of Denys and Christine's five children and lived at home (either finishing high school or starting university... I can't quite remember now!) when I arrived in Dijon. She is the one who first showed me around town, and while she was very busy with her own school work and friends, we had a lot of good times together.

Denys snapped this photo of us sometime at the beginning of my stay. Sadly, I can't remember where either of us was going that night. But I love everything about this photo -- especially our youth and our very stylish fashion sense. Denys sent it to me Monday morning after our great weekend visit (he and Christine were there as well, and I have to say that Christine remains my favorite French person to talk to... she speaks SO clearly and is SO easy to understand.)

It was so good seeing Marine Sunday, and meeting her family. She looks exactly the same, and has the same wonderful laugh and the same quick wit. Our kids did NOT want to leave either -- they loved playing with Marine's four daughters (ranging in age from 3 to 12) and running around their lovely yard. We are already making plans for the next visit.






No comments: