Sunday, February 14, 2010

On the road for a few days...

Just a quick note to let you know we are heading out today for a quick trip to Strasbourg in the Alsace-Lorraine region of France. We'll be gone a day or two and then Jay and Judy might head off on more travels on their own. I am not sure how much internet access we'll have, so don't worry if you don't hear from us for a few days (I'm talking mostly to Mom and Dad here!).

Apparently, one of my great-great-grandmothers is from this region. John and I visited there once at its magical Christmas market time... my best memories of it, though, of course involve food (and a particularly good onion-cheesy-tarte).

I'll post when I can. And until then, Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

chswenson said...

Mmmm... tarte flambee! Ed lived in Alsace for a year after high school, and we visited there in 2004. So beautiful, and so delicious. Enjoy!