Monday, May 3, 2010

Loire pictures, part I: The Abbey

We spent our first night in Beaugency, in an abbey-turned-hotel with views of the Loire. During our wanderings through the town, I met a couple and we chatted about how beautiful it was. She said if I liked *that* street (the one we were walking on), then I would really like the one ahead and on the right -- she called it la plus agreable street in the whole town. She was right. Also of note -- beautiful yellow fields on the way northwest (mustard? -- no, my friend Alli commented to let me know it is canola, or rapeseed -- just like in Lethbridge) and the "luck" of having a traveling carnival in town right across the street from our hotel.


1 comment:

alli said...

I believe the yellow fields are rapeseed (canola).

Gorgeous photos! What wonderful memories for your family.