Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kicking back in colorful Colorado

When I was growing up, I never really appreciated the beauty of my hometown. But once I left and came back to it -- and every time I come back now -- I am blown away by the natural beauty of this place. I never get tired of the incredible blue sky, the shimmering sound of aspen leaves that will turn to gold in the fall, the mountains on all sides and The Mountain, Pike's Peak.

It's a good place to celebrate a birthday, as Katie and Livie did this week. We had to stop dinner halfway through to sing and blow out candles, though, as they were so tired they were about to fall asleep at the table. Liv toddled off after a few bites of cake (*fancy* doll cakes made by mom and the birthday girls) and put herself to sleep on the couch.

It's also a good place to take walks, play, read, laugh, eat amazing food (I had to take a picture of the ribs we had last night... they were so beautiful and so delicious!), ride in the convertible, have water gun fights (with photos take by John from safe inside the house) and enjoy the view. Here's a glimpe of our last few days... with no bleary photos of early mornings and jet lagged kids.


No comments: